- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 tbsp butter
- 500 ml (2 cups) pesto-cream sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pepper flakes to taste
- 1 package of ricotta and spinach manicotti
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mozzarella
- A few slices of mozzarina
- Shavings of parmesan to taste
- In a pan of boiling salted water, cook peas for 8 minutes and drain, taking care to reserve a little cooking water.
- Transfer peas into the bowl of a food processor, and add butter.Pulse the unit until desired consistency by adding a bit of cooking water as needed.
- Add the puree to the pesto-cream sauce and seasonings.
- Place a single layer of manicotti in a buttered gratin dish. Top with sauce, and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Place a few slices of mozzarina.
- Bake for 45 minutes