- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 chopped red sweet pepper
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped mushrooms
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) ricotta cheese
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) grated parmesan
- 30 ml (2 tbsps) coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 8-10 Villa Ravioli pre-cooked lasagna sheets
- 500 ml (2 cups) Villa Ravioli Bolognese sauce or to taste
- 250 ml (1 cup) grated mozzarella
- 6 halved cherry tomatoes
- 12 fresh basil leaves
Ustensils used :
- 1 cupcake pan
- 1 cooking plate
- Cut discs in lasagna sheets using a 2-inch cookie cutter or using the top of a drinking glass.
- 1 brush
- Preheat oven at 180° C (350° F).
- Bring a large volume of water to boil and add salt.
- Immerse lasagna sheets two by two and let cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain well before laying on a previously oiled cooking plate.
- Reserve 3 cooked lasagna sheets halved in four to line the edges and 18 discs of pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, over medium heat, heat oil and sauté the onions, garlic, pepper and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- In a heavy pan, over medium heat, simmer the sauce for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta, parmesan, basil and pepper.
Overlaying the cupcakes :
- Now insert a disc of pasta in the bottom of each mold and line the edges with a strip of lasagna.
- Add the mixture of ricotta, a disc of pasta, the sauce, and another disc of pasta. Use about 1-2 tsps of all ingredients according to your preferences.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Let cool before serving; serve with a green salad.
- Top with a half cherry tomato and a basil leaf.